Quantcast
HHH Knives HAMMER IN! 3rd Annual - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HHH Knives HAMMER IN! 3rd Annual

That sound like FUN, knives, knuts, edges and a stuffed pig... what can go wrong? You guys enjoy yourselves, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I'm really hoping to get down there for at least a day. Although, in a recent turn of events, it turns out my passport has expired. Is there an easy way around this (legal, by the way)?
    Get R done! and bring a pillow and blanket if your gona stay the night. Last year we ran short on them..

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    I suppose i should add that it is the 5th and 7th of Oct at Randys shop in Marlette Mi
    Ill be there Mike! Its the 5th and 6th just so there is no misinformation. There Clear as mud.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    I currently have an 85% chance of going. Hopefully I can make it and learn something about knife making as I definitely need some help! Can't wait to meet a bunch of you as well.

Randy you should make a list of things that you need people to bring, ie: chairs, beer, beer and possibly some beer.
    Pete, if you are drinking Beer its a BYO weekend. We will be providing the food and non alcohol beverages. and all the shop stuff and what not! I have many tables and chairs. as well as a large open side tent in case it rains.

Aside from that bring a pillow and sleeping bag etc. Possibly a tent, and yourself and a smile!

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Slow but sure things are falling together over here. This is gona be a awesome gathering and Im looking forward to it!

I miss my buddy Mike D. The guest list is jammed full of awesome knife makers and new guys. Which is the best prescription for a great hammer in.

Hope some of you guys can make it over and help us eat this pig!

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

And the countdown continues! Getting closer to the big weekend. Lots of good stuff and more people that are confirming they will be here for one or both days!

I have a feeling this year will be the best Hammer In yet! I hope a few more of you guys can make it so Im bumping this thread!

Its a KNIFE life!!!
    Randy

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I would love to go, but I took 2 weeks off for my birthday. Maybe next year, it sounds like a great time.
    Chewie's the man.

I can't make it, but will have UPS drop by and fill up a box with roasted pig to deliver to me

Hope you guys can make it next year!

Things are starting to come together and the count down is ON!!!

Some of the things I checked off the list..

Piggy is ordered. As well as 50 lbs of other sides and salads. Were gona be eating good!

Made a trip to the store secured the paper goods. cups, plates, napkins and lots of storage containers and cooking stuff and whatnot.

Steel is ordered on on the way for some special Heat treating demo were planning..

Abrasives ordered and delivered as well as some other goodies and supplies on the way to make sure we dont run out of any important stuff!

all 3 bedrooms cleaned, carpets, walls and new bedding applied!

Tents and tables and chairs ordered. and ready for pickup.

Phew.. Are we havin fun yet!?!?!?

Im looking forward to seeing everyone and getting some time in the shop throwing sparks and making sharp and pointy stuff!

Blessings
    Randy

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Randy, You're one busy guy. This event sounds pissa. The only one thing that you may want to add is a designated photographer? That way you can have a photo documented official KKF hammer in. We see how your knife photos come out, no doubt you got some fancy photography hardware at your disposal?

I mean, you know how we like pics around here and reading a thread without them can be like watching paint dry, especially when its about having fun. Plus I for one would like to actually see what other knife freaks look like. This way others on the forum can attend, al be it virtually and time shifted.

What do you think? dp
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

+ Reply to Thread