Hi from NJ

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

split0101

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been lurking on the forum for a while and wanted to introduce myself. Im from northern NJ and been getting into knives over the last few years. I started with a set of Henckels from Macy's about 10 years ago and then about 5 years ago I got a few pieces from Shun. Over the years they have been good to me but as I started reading more and more about knives I wanted to give carbon steel a try. About a year ago I got approval from the finance committee to pick up a 240mm Takeda gyuto and I fell in love all over again (dont tell my wife).

Since then I have been looking to slowly upgrade some of my knives with some new hardware and I started reading this site (dangerous for my wallet). A few weeks ago I decided to join and here I am with my first post.

I look forward to learning more from this community and feeding my knife addiction.

Hello and Welcome would love to see picks of the knives

Here is a pick of my Takeda. Nothing you guys havent seen before. Im linking from flickr so I hope this works. I'll take some picks of my Shun's tomorrow when I get some time. Over the years they got beat up pretty well. My wife one day a few years ago decided to cut up a whole chicken with my santoku and applied a mallet meat tenderizer to the spine of the Shun to cut through the bone.

She made it up to me though when I picked up the Takeda. Now if she could only break the 8" utility then I could pick myself up a nakiri ;).

8379010030_b50a76d6d0_c.jpg

8401292911_c41089a0be_b.jpg

Back