• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Yoshikane SanMai SKD 240mm Gyuto $375

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Reaction score
I really like this knife. It has a Fiddle back Koa handle with a simple brass pin. Handmade SanMai stainless over SKD. I bought it from Maksim/JNS last year. It has been sharpened 3 times. It is VERY thin behind the edge. I had a thing where I was buying western-styled (yo) gyutos and this knife started that trend. It is one of the best western handled knifes I have used to date. NOT perfect or being sold as such. I use my knives! There are some light scratches in the cladding that I never felt like polishing out. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

$375 OBO...

If you are looking for the "one", you just found it.
yoshikane edge profile (2).jpg
yoshikane left side.jpg
yoshikane right side (1).jpg
yoshikane handle.jpg

Isn't this shigefusa son? The handle looks similar to shigefusa western!

Fun fact 2: Yoshikane geometry is awesome. I'd be all over this if I didn't already own the wa-version of this knife. Considering the money people are willing to pay for custom westerns/fancy rehandles, this is an absolute steal.

Fun fact 3: I have a wa version, at home and it's freaking gorgeous, in terms of grind. This handle blows it away, however.

Fun fact 4: The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed miserably.

As much as that is a bilateral grind, it definitely looks like it will favor a right-hander. That is a kick-ass grind.

This knife is more of a workhorse grind compared to the wa-handled version.

SPF by the way!

Back