• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: A Nice Stainless Suji/Santoku/Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V1P

Reaction score
Hi everyone, currently looking for any knife in subject to add to my collection.

I want something nice, maybe a knife from one of our custom makers here that you are willing to part with but it can be off the shelf, too.

It must be in good condition, can be new or used.

Pls send photo and description to [email protected]

Many thanks,
Ferry

You should include the dimensions of each knife you're looking for like length, style of handle, and whatever else you think is appropriate.

Flyingpigg : you're right, my friend. Here are the details for each type of knife.

Suji : 240mm and above, wa handle.
Santoku : 165mm and above, wa handle.
Nakiri : 180mm and above, wa handle.

My budget can go from $500 up. The above requirements are not set in stone. If you think you have something special, do contact me.

Thanks.

Butch might still have an unbelievable suji available. You should send him an email. It's drop dead gorgeous!

Edit*** I just checked his site and it's a 12" slicer. The cost is $1000, but man is it sexy'

Lefty : Wow, you're right, it's beautiful! The length may be a problem though, 270mm may be the max.

Thanks for the heads up.

the new yanagi he most recently made is insane. maybe you should contact him for a custom piece if you have the money. his work looks sooooo nice!

Brad Gibson : I'm an impatient guy, ordering a custom is my last resort. That's the reason I posted here, this is the KKF's B/S/T forum after all, hoping for a guy to part with his nice knife :D

i would ask von blewitt about it. hes an aussie and has an insane collection. maybe he knows a great place in australia to get a new knife as well! good luck

Updates : Santoku & nakiri are pretty much sorted out. Currently looking for a nice suji, preferable 240mm-250mm.

Thanks in advance.

Brad Gibson : Thanks for the advice!

there's a sweet suji on on the ctkg forum classifieds right now. jm forge with a stefan koa handle

He used to hang around here, but not recently. His work has a nice look to it, and I know Matt Stephens was more than impressed with the suji he had by him. I haven't checked, but is this being sold by Matt?

Back