Colorful/Dark Oregon Maple Burl - New Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished adding some new stabilized blocks of very colorful Oregon Maple Burl to our web store.
I got this wood from an old wood turner. He had collected several large maple burls back in the 80s. He said that he tossed them in the creek for several years so they would color up, then he left them in his barn to dry. He told me that he was too old to do wood turning anymore so he sold the wood he had stashed to me. Very beautiful burl.

These are photos of the burl when I cut it in half to see what was inside.
Outside was just crusty and gray,
mb001_zps6ae395ad.jpg

But inside showed really good coloring. Normal maple burl will be a blonde-ish color.
mb002_zps62031317.jpg

These are the blocks I have added to the store so far. They are located in the Brand New Pieces section of the store.

The blocks are a couple shades darker than they look in this group photo.

Actual colors are more like this.
a207917140f4966ac3b53e_m.jpg

Everything in our webstore comes with a No Questions Asked, Money Back Guarantee.
Free US Shipping - $20 Flat Rate International Shipping or Free International Shipping for Orders over $100.
The store software will also apply volume discounts, 10% if your order is over $200, or 20% if your order is over $500.

These are some more stabilized blocks that I just finished adding to the store.

A couple blocks of Buckeye Burl. These are unusual because they have burl and fiddleback figure.

Some 2 tone, 2nd Growth Redwood with curly figure.

And some really nice Quilted Cascara Buckthorn.

Some of you might remember the Cascara from back when I bought the logs.
2-5.jpg

9-2.jpg

Back