my first Forgie

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,
this is my first forgecraft rehandle. I was eager to try one...figured it was a good opportunity to do something different. i decided to hearken back to a more antique look with some steel pins and simple shape. and couldn't help but punctuate it with a copper rivet. the wood is wenge. yellow spacer. 8inch "chef"...more like a big petty
here it is. as always, any comments/recommendations are welcome!

Forgie6_zps972d59aa.jpg

Forgie1_zps0a6eab94.jpg

Forgie2_zpse3576feb.jpg

I like it. I find it interesting that it looks to slim toward the butt. I'd be curious to see how it feels I hand. Nice work.

Really clean look. Like the spacers and copper rivet.

thanks for the input, all!

I like it. I find it interesting that it looks to slim toward the butt. I'd be curious to see how it feels I hand. Nice work.
TQ, there's barely a taper (1mm difference, total) at the center of the handle. It is slimmer at the edges. feels heftier near the blade without the usual neck taper, which feels nice to me (albeit un-usual)...with a pinch grip. i'd be curious to find out what a pro thinks. my cutting experience is quite limited compared to most of you.

thanks again!

thanks for the input, all!

TQ, there's barely a taper (1mm difference, total) at the center of the handle. It is slimmer at the edges. feels heftier near the blade without the usual neck taper, which feels nice to me (albeit un-usual)...with a pinch grip. i'd be curious to find out what a pro thinks. my cutting experience is quite limited compared to most of you.

thanks again!

Well, what you lack in experience you make up in style ;)

Latest posts

Back