Quantcast
Reground, Reprofiled Richmond Ultimatum in M390 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reground, Reprofiled Richmond Ultimatum in M390

TK, if the list is still open, I'd really love to check it out and see what you've done with it. I'd especially like to be able to compare it side by side with one belonging to a chef buddy. His is axe-like.

This knife will be going out by early next week. I just have a few more tasks I want to try with it.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    TK, if the list is still open, I'd really love to check it out and see what you've done with it. I'd especially like to be able to compare it side by side with one belonging to a chef buddy. His is axe-like.
    Sure thing. I guess you'll be after brainsausage. Geographically, it might work a little quicker to go to Michigan, Maine, Long Island then Texas... Mike, if you haven't already shipped, maybe we can switch this around some? Otherwise, no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Sure thing. I guess you'll be after brainsausage. Geographically, it might work a little quicker to go to Michigan, Maine, Long Island then Texas... Mike, if you haven't already shipped, maybe we can switch this around some? Otherwise, no biggie.
    I bought some stuff to cut today so it'll go out on Monday. Just tell me where you want it to go and I'll send it there.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Tinh, did you do all the work by hand/stone or have you gone down the grinder hole?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Tinh, did you do all the work by hand/stone or have you gone down the grinder hole?
    I've had one of those little cheapie grinders for a couple of years now and ground six knives from blanks on it, in total. After grinding a 330 mm suji on it, I've decided I'm either retiring from doing major grinding jobs or getting a bigger grinder. At this point, retiring is winning, lol. That's a lot of work, not to mentions it's dirty, uncomfortable, too... That said, I'll probably still get a bigger grinder once the kids figure out I'm not the coolest person on the planet.

@Miles: You're welcome.

I've had one of those little cheapie grinders for a couple of years now and ground six knives from blanks on it, in total. After grinding a 330 mm suji on it, I've decided I'm either retiring from doing major grinding jobs or getting a bigger grinder. At this point, retiring is winning, lol. That's a lot of work, not to mentions it's dirty, uncomfortable, too... That said, I'll probably still get a bigger grinder once the kids figure out I'm not the coolest person on the planet.

I can only imagine, yeah you'll have to go one way or the other, LOL.

I've sharpened and thinned this model knife before. They were nothing like this. The improvement is huge. It is nothing like stock and a great improvement. I used it on a large variety of fruits, veggies and protein, comparing against some pretty nice knives, it held it's own for sure. Super hard steel and this was extremely well refined by Mr Tk59. I will use what he as a reference for future challenges.

I now have possesion of the M390. I will put it through the paces at work this week. Am very interested to compare to the other Richmonds I have in my kit.