Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Pulled the Trigger...

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar

Finally Pulled the Trigger...

After a long time since my last knife order, and deciding who would be my next acquisition, I decided on the damascus master, Devin Thomas. Just placed an order for a 10" damascus (pattern TBD) western chefs. Now to sit and wait for what everyone is bragging about. Judging from pics and posts, this will be as exciting as when I recieved my Kramers.

Congrats Jason. You won't be disappointed. Are you getting carbon or stainless?
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

An excellent choice! Can't really go wrong with Devin. How long is the wait?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Always carbon, i'm hooked. I don't know for sure, but I am thinking a year?? I am in no hurry, I have plenty of things to keep my mind occupied in the meantime. Only special considerations I asked Hoss for were to make the handle out of stabilized wood due to the altitude/dry air here in Colorado, and I would like a unique damascus pattern. With this crowd, it's hard to set yourself apart, there are just too many creative minds!

You need to get someone to loan you a knife with DT AEB-L. Its performs close to carbon, and you don't have to baby it. I've left mine with vegetable juices all over it overnight with no ill effects.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Devin is a long wait Hehe

But all customs are a long wait, and the worse part is that it even feel longer than it is.
    And the AEB-L is AMAZING

You won't be disappointed. I watched Devin do one of his custom knives from start to finish from feet away. I don't think there are many his equals when it comes to making damascus steel. His grind, handle shape and finish is outstanding and top notch HT goes without saying - he is a walking encyclopedia on metallurgy. PS: it also helps to have a son who is studying to become a metallurgist.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Ask Hoss to show you his herringbone damascus. He made a santoku for Mark Richmond from it and that blade was outright beautiful. Pictures just don't do it justice, you have to feel the surface of the herringbone to appreciate it.

Rick

Nice. I was thinking about getting one of his customs too. BTW, how much does it cost? lol

Sweet. Be sure and let us know when you get it. Devin does great work.
    -M