Quantcast
Mammoth tooth! NEW SCORE! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mammoth tooth! NEW SCORE!

This one and 3 others are now in the process of being "stabilized" Then the pain staking time consuming process of cutting and prepairing them into scales and blocks will soon follow.

Mr Dinky. You know I am always down for a cool new project. So Dream on and lets make a plan!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Omg I love that, I would love a block of that.

No new progress on the tooth. I have been busy doing Heat Treat testing on a (New to me) Stainless steel. When I get further along in the process Ill post some images of the tooth and resulting pieces. At that point. anyone wanting to snag a piece is welcome to contact me or post here with requests.

Thanks
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

I have got the tooth from Texas stabilized and cut. Still have some finish work but should have some pictures and offerings soon!

Heres a quick n dirty photo of the next batch of teeth to be stabilized. BIG FUN!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mammoth tooth sections.jpg‎
Views:	17
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	20189  

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

On a side note. I received some amazing cut and natural stones for Lisa to use for jewelry. Anyone who may be interested in placing a order for something from Lisa this Christmas may want to contact me sooner then later. Shes been pretty busy filling orders for a local store. and working on the house. But Im sure she would be happy to hook up some cool stuff for ya! I dont know the name of each of these but Lisa does.

Name:	Jems from around the globe!.jpg‎
Views:	17
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	20190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jewles for Lisa.jpg‎
Views:	16
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	20191  

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

A few more pieces that are heading this way! 2 Large mammoth molars and a nice mammoth ivory section

Name:	mammoth tooth 23343434.jpg‎
Views:	13
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	20852   Click image for larger version

Name:	mammoth tooth 12333234.jpg‎
Views:	11
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	20853  

Click image for larger version

Name:	mammoth ivory123344443.jpg‎
Views:	11
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	20854  

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Wow. Those look like they've got potential to turn into something great. Can't wait to see the final result. Always pretty wild to see before and after pictures of exotic materials.

+ Reply to Thread