Anyone use these Star brand stainless peelers?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heirkb

Reaction score
http://www.zena-swiss.com/en/products/star

They seem to be the perfect balance between the expensive, clunky, sturdy Rosles and the cheap, agile, weak plastic Kuhn Rikons (e.g., potato eyer always breaks). I'm waiting on mine to arrive but wanted to get some opinions/give you all a heads up.

Yup, my favorite peelers. I get mine for $3 from Crate and Barrel. They stay sharp, if you don't abuse them or run them through the dishwasher, and just rule in use.

Well, looking at it in hand, I can't be sure it's identical, but it looks identical, and it's Swiss made according to the mark, and it rules. I especially love it because my wife will never use it, as it doesn't look "ergonomic," despite the fact that it totally is. I'd never buy a serrated peeler, and mine isn't.

You might have the SwissMar ones. I think they're supposed to be a little lighter and usually (not always) aluminum. Similar peelers, though. I've always liked this shape a lot because, like you said, it's really comfortable. The Rosle Y peeler is a pain to use IMO, so I'm hoping that these ones will be just what I was looking for. I got both the stainless blade and carbon blade ones at SimplyGoodStuff.com, but they're all over eBay, too. I'll post impressions once they arrive.

Yeah, I guess it is SwissMar. I thought it said SwissMade until you posted that (never looked closely). I don't think it's aluminum, though. Great peeler!

Back