Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pizza oven for home use?

Very nice! I'd love to see pics of the pies!

Here's a pizza with homemade kimchee

Smile Hi...

I have recently purchased wood fired pizza oven at good price and I think you must go for that as it will be available within your specified budget. If you want then you can check "ilFornnio wood fired pizza oven". They come in affordable price range.

From what I read, the important thing seems to be that it can do 350-400°C (not °F) no matter the heat source ... one classic solutions seems to be to take an electric oven with a self cleaning mode and intentionally bust the door interlock

I love my BGE, actually just gave away my gas grill as I just used it to store BGE accessories...

I have been looking at these pizza ovens for the BGE http://www.pizza-porta.com/

I'm not sure how much benefit there is over using the BGE the traditional way though. It's hard to beat a BGE pizza!

my friend spent a summer and a couple thousand dollars building an awesome one..he almost built two, since the first one was too close to his house and the inspector corrected him in time.

he rarely uses it. it looks like a pro oven. he said it takes a lot of wood, and a fair amount of time to get going..he now has a BGE.

Just curious, has anybody ever tried this contraption?

https://www.amazon.com/Uuni-Wood-Fir...uni+pizza+oven

A bit steep for what it is, but looks interesting.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    my friend spent a summer and a couple thousand dollars building an awesome one..he almost built two, since the first one was too close to his house and the inspector corrected him in time.

he rarely uses it. it looks like a pro oven. he said it takes a lot of wood, and a fair amount of time to get going..he now has a BGE.
    That sounds about right... but damn, you can't get a better pizza when its cranked.

I have a mate who has one and he loves to chuck a big hunk of meat in there after he has finished the pizzas and let it slow cook for a while.