Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP - First Knife

I suggest you send JohnnyChance a knife. He makes some really nice reviews.
    And you also know where I live

I am looking forward to see you knife Marko !! Long waiting is finely over

I am starting small. 180mm.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Actually, I am looking forward to it. I had a blast heat-treating and measuring hardness on Rockwell hardness tester (reminded me of B&W photography development and printing), and I am looking forward to a finished product, whatever quality it will be. I might get lucky, but this is mostly to get a hang of the process. Realistically, I think that the first dozen or two will be giveaways or throwaways - it takes a long time to get good at anything, so my expectations are VERY low.
    Where's the sign up sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Thanks Adam. I think I should keep a low profile, from now on, as I don't want expectations

M
    Hmm. Might be a little late. I don't think the cork's going back in that bottle . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Where's the sign up sheet?
    No expectations, please. I am having a hard time handling stress already. I get there, when I get there. I took me almost two years to make a handle that I really liked.

M

Marko, you have a sound approach. Work in small steps, learn from each, try to understand what each phase is telling you. I have no doubt you will produce what your minds eye wants to see. Learn from set backs, keep moving forward, and most of all, HAVE FUN!! It can be a hoot, or a source of frustration. Its up to you which!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    I suggest you send JohnnyChance a knife. He makes some really nice reviews.
    And you also know where I live
    While I would love to do some testing and a review, if I did it on the first batch of knives the feedback would go directly to Marko. Only once he is happy and has a finished product would I do an actual review.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    While I would love to do some testing and a review, if I did it on the first batch of knives the feedback would go directly to Marko. Only once he is happy and has a finished product would I do an actual review.
    Hey John,
    I appreciate it and I will definitely take you up on your offer. This was a part of the plan, once I am comfortable with the process. We will be in touch over this (and other things, like the custom work I owe you )

M

I can't wait to check out your progress, Marko! I'd love to witness your growing pains, in addition to your finished products. I'll spare you my expectations and good luck to you.