From a Guitar Builder's Stash

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I got lucky finding this piece.
It was a guitar billet of some old Ziricote.
Really hard, dense wood.
Now it's time to start cutting.

z001_zps316a8095.jpg

I think I got lucky with this piece. It was sealed giving more of an orange/brown look. When I stripped off the sealer the true colors show with better contrast.
The billet was cut flat sawn but it is about 2 inches thick so I am able to cut it into quarter sawn strips. That way I am able to get the landscape look on the faces of the blocks.
z003_zps6e5c3456.jpg

These are the ones I have posted in the store so far. The blocks are all priced the same at $35 each.
Click on the photo to go to the section of the store where these blocks are located.

Everything in our webstore comes with a No Questions Asked, Money Back Guarantee.
Free US Shipping - $20 Flat Rate International Shipping or Free International Shipping for Orders over $100.
The store software will also apply volume discounts, 10% if your order is over $200, or 20% if your order is over $500.

Those are gorgeous! Ziricote is my favorite wood, by far. I love that greyish brown with the dark chocolatey black spider webbing/landscape pattern. Always reminds me of a freshly poured pint of guiness, or a nice cappucino. I always thought it would make a really classy portafilter or tamper handle for an espresso machine.

Back