• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Don Nguyen

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm_magic

Reaction score
I've seen long shots posted, and fulfilled in my time here, so now its my turn.

I've cleared with Don and he's fine with me posting here. If anyone has a knife by him that they'd consider selling, drop me a pm. Ideally looking for something 210mm-250mm but I'm pretty much open to anything that he's made.

Cheers

I have already parted with one, I don't think I could part with the other yet. I might be buried with it.

I had trouble selling the one I did, because it was so nice. His work has only gotten nicer since then....

I've seen one in person at the ECG this summer. Believe it belonged to Son. Felt great in the hands, well balanced. Really dig the handle design. Would love to have given it a solid day's work out. Good luck with your search, hope you can snag one!

I had a 240 and loved it! And I just recieved the integral Sab Gyuto-hiki. It is up there with any knife I've owned which is some pretty esteemed company, plus another project in the future. Good luck with the search.

Don's handles are amazing, that Sabatier he rehandled looks gorgeous!!

Son showed me Don's knife and it was absolutely gorgeous. By the way, I didn't realize his name was his knife line, so giggled a little at the post title... I understand that his work is amazing, but I don't think the admin would be too thrilled about buying people. :)

At Canadianman: Your icon is amazing and I'm watching that show right now. It's so good. ::geeks out::

We all know Don is yours, Mari. The sooner you two admit it, the easier it'll be on all of us.

Korin_Mari wrote

At Canadianman: Your icon is amazing and I'm watching that show right now. It's so good. ::geeks out::

I love the show, couldn't help but read the manga

Sheesh, it feels like having embarrassing family members with you guys!

I've seen some his work on Reddit. Seriously awesome stuff, and his handle work is really top notch.

When Zwiefle (Danny O.) came by earlier this summer, I had an hour or so on the board slicing and dicing. My first impression was that the handle is shaped like no other knife I've handled. Its like where the angles intersect is exactly where you would naturally hold the knife. Perhaps thats what you were shooting for. The blade was super thin at the spine maybe (2.3~2.5mm), I don't think the blade face was overly convex but its one of the few kiritsuki tipped knives that I think ads to the knifes usefulness. It looks a custom knife Darth Vader would order but one thing for sure is that it certainly cut like a light saber. swoom swoom ;-)

He's super nice, but I am taken~. lolol

That must have broken a few dozen hearts among the members here ;)

Interesting to read that the handles are so comfortable, I was always wondering about that. They sure look nice.

Stefan

That must have broken a few dozen hearts among the members here ;)

Interesting to read that the handles are so comfortable, I was always wondering about that. They sure look nice.

Stefan

They're very comfortable. The distal taper from the butt to what would be the ferrule is very organic, for something that looks so modern and angular. In a pinch grip, at least for me...I only needed my ring and pinky finger to have a firm grip on the knife, and it required no force at all.

I have no idea what you're talking about... :whistling:

:goodpost:

Not that I would know what he was talking about or anything!

Thought I'd revive this one to see if I can get anything this time.

Son showed me Don's knife and it was absolutely gorgeous. By the way, I didn't realize his name was his knife line, so giggled a little at the post title... I understand that his work is amazing, but I don't think the admin would be too thrilled about buying people. :)

What show ?:threadjacked:

Back