I finished this knife up today. It was in very, very rough when it came to me. I reworked the entire knife by hand on water stones. Mostly thinning. A little 220 and then finished up mostly with a 500. I found Shapton glass stones worked best to preserve the Forgecraft stamp. I rounded the spine and choil using strips of silicone carbide sandpaper. Tightened up the handle with a dowel and a hammer. Gave the handle a light sanding, overnight mineral oil soak and then a coat of Dave's board wax mixture. Second to last I rubbed a hand finish onto the blade and finally sharpened her up to 1K.
Here are a few before and after shots: