Quantcast
WTB: Carter western petty (or small gyuto) 150 - 180mm
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: Carter western petty (or small gyuto) 150 - 180mm

WTB: Carter western petty (or small gyuto) 150 - 180mm

This WTB thread needs a little introduction:

I have changed (and improved) our home kitchen knives set significantly since I joined the forum here about a year ago. It was expensive but very enjoyable process which is not finished yet (will it ever be?)

It just so happens that I have acquired knives that my loving wife not always enjoys (she does not really like wa handles or kurouchi) and so I thought it is about the time to get a knife that she would actually like and enjoy to use.

After I have decided that the 150mm Shun classic petty is to be sold (FS thread will come soon - watch out - it iwll be a bargain) we need a 150 or a little longer knife to replace it.

Since my wife reacted rather positively to pictures of Carter western petty with desert ironwood handle I thought that could be the best solution that would both give me a reason to finally buy a carter AND make my wife happy - what more could I ask for

So - I am looking for a Carter western petty (or similar design) with size 150 to 180 mm (ideally around 165 mm) with stainless steel clad carbon core with hammered or polished bevels (no kurouchi). The handle should be simply some nice wood, no particular preferences there. The knife should not show excessive usage marks.

If you would be willing to part with yours please let me know

Hi Matus,
    PM sent,
    Regards,
    MIKE

I am thinking something along these lines:

This one is 150mm, I am wondering whether a little longer one could be found.

+ Reply to Thread