• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tsukasa Hinoura Unryu-Mon Kurouchi Damascus Wa Gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antbanks

Reaction score
This is honestly one of the most beautiful knives I have ever seen. It is fresh from Dave with a new custom handle by Stefan - Redwood burl and masur birch burl. This knife is brand new and has never been used.

The blade pattern is called “Kitae-Ji”, using Shirogami No.2 Carbon Hagane steel core wrapped and layer-forged with wrought irons. The layers of steel have been twist forged repeatedly, creating unique "clouds flow" damascus patterns on the entire blade surface including the spine. Unlike many bladesmiths, Hinoura-san never uses modern machines and pre-clad steels because he believes a traditional approach creates the highest performance knives. This is quite a substantial knife - very thick along the spine, but is very thin behind the edge. Asking $1900 shipped conus.

What an amazing knife, good luck with the sale

ARG MY EYES!!! TOO MUCH BEAUTY!!!

I had always wondered who snagged that one off of Jon's site.

So are all these crazy sales going to fund and even crazier knife project, or something boring and more practical / less fun?

Only just looked here to see what knife has such a long name - that is a really beautiful piece, not even my handle could ruin it ;) Congrats to the new owner (Riad???).

Stefan

no not me
But I'll echo the sentiment
Beautiful in every respect

These knives are stunning and with Stefan's handle it amplifies the beauty. I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever used one of these knives and has any idea what kind of cutter it is?

Yes, have to give a shout out to Stefan...his work is as good as it gets and Dave did a fantastic job installing this handle as well.

Back