Quantcast
That which shall not be named - Page 12
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: That which shall not be named

Get back to us when you see a thread praising Dave's or another KKF vendor that doesn't sell through Mark. In the meantime, get a brain.
    I've seen Gesshin knives, Gesshin stones and David Smiths cutting boards all praised on CKTG's forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JDA_NC View Post
    Relax buddy.

I am quite happy with my current stones and have already mentioned my next purchases will mostly like be some Gesshins & possibly Maxim's JNS 800. Does that make you a little less defensive?

I'm a line cook and I make line cook wages in the South. I don't base my purchases (which are part of my livelihood) off group-think or certain website's vendors. I happen to like the vendors for this website quite a bit - mostly because they have helped me become better educated about multiple things - but I have ZERO bias towards them or any other vendor. When I was down in your neck of the woods cooking a few years back, all my fellow cooks told me that CKTG was the website for knives. I have bought multiple knives, stones and bags through them - all at an affordable price, with ridiculously quick, free shipping, and everything received safely and in good condition.

I am not a fanboy. I understand completely why Mr. Martell feels the way he does - and stated each time in this thread that I respect it. That he doesn't want to send any sort of business their way makes complete sense to me. Why other people in this community don't want to spend their money there, I get that too. But for me, I have spent hundreds of dollars there and had zero problems - so I will continue to keep an open mind about their products. Simple as.

Edit: Ken Schwartz is obviously a bit of a buffoon. Just listening to him talk for more than 5 minutes or his sales pitch for his 'swordsmith' knives confirms that. And a lot of the CKTG videos are cringeworthy. But that doesn't change that I feel my Nuuubbaaaattaammma 1k stone is a very good stone or that they have a wide and affordably priced selection
    im very relaxed. thanks for asking. it doesnt matter who you are or what your background is. i was giving you advice, not insulting you. just find a vendor you can trust and use him to your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamaroot View Post
    I've seen Gesshin knives, Gesshin stones and David Smiths cutting boards all praised on CKTG's forum.
    ive seen artifex, ultamatums, and richmond lasers spoken of highly here.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamaroot View Post
    Do a search of Gesshin. I just did. There are 5 posts. Praise? Hardly. And no posts about Gesshin knives except for someone who owns one and listed it among the knives he owns.

If they were praised as you put it, those posts aren't there anymore.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Sometimes it burns when I pee.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Sometimes it burns when I pee.
    Yep
    I'll bet it's Dave Martell's fault.
    If KKF didn't suck so bad, my peepees wouldn't hurt.
    Screw this place, I'm a gonna go help Kenny out with the KF revival.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

kf has awesome BST deals, i still lurk there.

I'm gonna blame the full moon for all the craziness around here lately. It's tried and true. Maybe tomorrow this place will be back to 'normal'.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    blah, blah, blah...Now compare that to the attacks you make at Mark whenever he is mentioned, THAT is attacking behind the back...blah, blah, blah...
    Just to finalize my position here...I've told Mark directly that he has a lack of scruples as well as a lack of knowledge about knives...so there.

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I'm gonna blame the full moon for all the craziness around here lately. It's tried and true. Maybe tomorrow this place will be back to 'normal'.
    gotta' love it...and I'm done with my current rant about the lack of quality of Mark's gear and his total ignorance of quality customer care

Cheers
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post
    Excellent early posting.

Why does shyte like this always result in no-marks coming out of the woodwork?
    Excellent rude behavior. I've commented in several threads already, including an introductory post of my own, and this was my support of a comment. If you have a problem with someone writing "+1," what are you doing on a forum? There's no need to be inhospitable, especially when I'm not even bring inflammatory. Save the snark for those deserving of it, if you don't mind.
    Vestigia nulla retrorsum.

Closed Thread