• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Aisu from JNS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainaman

Founding Member
Reaction score
For sale Aizu that I got a long time ago from Maxim, when he found a small batch of them from Japan.
The stone finishes in the 2k level, it cuts fast, and leaved consistent finish. I have cit a grid on the back side that I use to lap other naturals and synthetics. The grid helps with reducing sticktion between the stones.
The stone has seen use, but is not really showing , as those are very hard for the grit level.
The dimensions are 207x76x61mm - that is one huge stone, it will last several generations. The sides are sealed although there are no cracks in the stone.

The stone can be used on its own as a prep stone for kasumi finish to jump to green Aoto or Hakka. The stone will remove smaller chips fast, and can be used as a stand alone touch up stone.

Here a small video of me using the Aizu:

[video=youtube;b5EtQm_2YCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5EtQm_2YCg[/video]

And a few pictures:

5k3r88.jpg

99p01z.jpg

2rw52lf.jpg

PRICE= $500 shipped in US with insurance and tracking.

'Aizu' - really interesting stone. Wish I could afford it.

Back