Quantcast
Murray Carter at Phoenix Knife House - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Murray Carter at Phoenix Knife House

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    The thing with Murray is, while some see him as arrogant, I see him as realistic and confident. He's short and to the point, and very "military" in how he converses with others. He will tell you everything you need to know about a product, or a technique, ask questions that have answers that lead back to his topic, and continue talking directly about that specific thing. He's a teacher, of sorts, a businessman, and most importantly to him on a professional level - a knifemaker. While he might remind you of how difficult or exact something he does really is, he does so partly to make you appreciate his craft and product. I'm cool with it.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. He might even be arrogant, but if so, I'd say it's a good trait. The world needs people who can shake up the box.

He told me to bring some of my work if I can make it, but as it stands now I'm not sure that I can go. It's only a 90 minute event that would take a 4 hour drive at least, while not showing to the longest school day of the week. I don't even have any finished pieces on me =/

But.... but.... hard to decide...

I drove to the States to get Cookie Crisp one time. I thought I knew you...
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I drove to the States to get Cookie Crisp one time. I thought I knew you...
    I drove to Disneyland to get a newspaper once. Well, and to be able to brag to all the girls in my HS that I did it, of course .
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

I drove 400 miles to work once, got shot in head, spent 9 hours in the er, received 16 staples to the scalp and then went straight to work to do compaction testing on 20 homes and drove 400 miles back.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

oh, yea and there was this one time I had a stroke and fell onto the train platform after which four NYPD officers kicked me out of the way and refused to help me. I finally made it to the hospital were the doctor informed me that I was having a severe case of vertigo and that there was nothing wrong with me. After, I yelled at him and told him he was an idiot I collapsed on the table and died for 4 minutes. When I woke up , I went home to find that my house had been robbed and all my knives were stolen and my computer and I still went to work the same morning because, somebody had to work brunch. I'm disappointed in you Don.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I drove 400 miles to work once, got shot in head, spent 9 hours in the er, received 16 staples to the scalp and then went straight to work to do compaction testing on 20 homes and drove 400 miles back.

Bah, you guys! I knew you all would push me :P

Son, those are crazy stories!

not stories, my life.lol

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    not stories, my life.lol
    Just goes to show your life could be a very captivating book

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    Bah, you guys! I knew you all would push me :P

Son, those are crazy stories!
    See ya there buddy =p.
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

+ Reply to Thread