Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Season: The Mind of a Chef

I like April Bloomfield. She has kind of a different approach, which is refreshing.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I enjoyed the first season, but they seemed to have removed the videos for Canadians to watch on youtube, thanks for the PBS advice will have to check it out. I don't enjoy cooking shows, but this one was a good watch.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    The new season of The Mind of the Chef is on and this year they have Sean Brock and April Bloomfield as the chefs. I was so-so with David Chang last season, but I still thought it was a good format. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

k.
    Gawd, I loved the Chang mind of a chef last year. If you look past his pride, (its not what hes all about really anyways) he really is an interesting guy who brings together some fun food.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

I just happened to catch this on a friends DVR...don't usually go in for reality shows. so I was surprised to discover this wasn't a reality show at all...it's what DDD would be if it had any actual content and integrity. Good find.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

These Sean Brock episodes are really good IMO.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I enjoyed this series last year - despite Chang -is he always hammered? Good guests, good locations, good food. Can't find it this year in my local lineup. Still PBS?
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    I enjoyed this series last year - despite Chang -is he always hammered? Good guests, good locations, good food. Can't find it this year in my local lineup. Still PBS?
    It is still on PBS, but as is often the case with PBS, the shows are made available to the local affiliates and it is up to your local station to air it or not -- and when they want to air it. So it may be airing now, it may eventually air, or never air.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    These Sean Brock episodes are really good IMO.

k.
    +1 Spectacular, I think. Sean is the essence of passion and dedication to craft AFAICT. Seems 100% legit too.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Added to my TiVo. I'll have to check it out.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I've been really enjoying this season so far. The "seeds" episode has been my favorite so far. I really appreciate all that Sean Brock has done to elevate and re-discover heritage southern food. I was very under-impressed when I ate at Husk, but I understand the restaurant biz first hand. No matter how good you are, you can't be 100% awesome all the time. I love the low country and Charleston area, and we would probably be living there now if the whole c-word thing hadn't happened. Watching these episodes makes me want to be there even more.
    Looking forward to more!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon