New Season: The Mind of a Chef

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The new season of The Mind of the Chef is on and this year they have Sean Brock and April Bloomfield as the chefs. I was so-so with David Chang last season, but I still thought it was a good format. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

k.

I've never heard of this show, I will have to check it out. I dined at Sean Brock's Husk in Nashville over the summer and had a nice dinner. Overhyped but good food and great service.

My old Sous is the Sous at the Husk in Nashville and while working in Charleston I got to work with Sean and eat at Husk and McCrady's I will need to check this out.

I will say that the chicken skins at Husk were dynooooomite!

Season one is on Netflix and the current season I believe should be viewable on the PBS website. We were watching the first two episodes today at work.

so after looking at the pbs site episodes 1-8 are brock and 9-16 are chef april bloomfield

I like April Bloomfield. She has kind of a different approach, which is refreshing.

I enjoyed the first season, but they seemed to have removed the videos for Canadians to watch on youtube, thanks for the PBS advice will have to check it out. I don't enjoy cooking shows, but this one was a good watch.

The new season of The Mind of the Chef is on and this year they have Sean Brock and April Bloomfield as the chefs. I was so-so with David Chang last season, but I still thought it was a good format. It will be interesting to see how it develops.

k.

Gawd, I loved the Chang mind of a chef last year. If you look past his pride, (its not what hes all about really anyways) he really is an interesting guy who brings together some fun food.

I just happened to catch this on a friends DVR...don't usually go in for reality shows. so I was surprised to discover this wasn't a reality show at all...it's what DDD would be if it had any actual content and integrity. Good find.

I enjoyed this series last year - despite Chang -is he always hammered? Good guests, good locations, good food. Can't find it this year in my local lineup. Still PBS?

I enjoyed this series last year - despite Chang -is he always hammered? Good guests, good locations, good food. Can't find it this year in my local lineup. Still PBS?

It is still on PBS, but as is often the case with PBS, the shows are made available to the local affiliates and it is up to your local station to air it or not -- and when they want to air it. So it may be airing now, it may eventually air, or never air.

k.

I've been really enjoying this season so far. The "seeds" episode has been my favorite so far. I really appreciate all that Sean Brock has done to elevate and re-discover heritage southern food. I was very under-impressed when I ate at Husk, but I understand the restaurant biz first hand. No matter how good you are, you can't be 100% awesome all the time. I love the low country and Charleston area, and we would probably be living there now if the whole c-word thing hadn't happened. Watching these episodes makes me want to be there even more.
Looking forward to more!

The April Bloomfield episodes started now. The first one was of her tracing her culinary roots in London and it was so-so. It didn't have the inspirational or entertainment value that Brock or Chang had. Basically, there were a lot of Brits being very nice and complimentary of each other. I hope it picks up a bit, but I am still interested in seeing what she has to show. That's one thing I love about this program: it gives a chef ample time to do what they want and show what they do. It isn't crammed into a 10-minute bit in some larger one-off cooking show.

k.

Latest posts

Back