Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Baking Steel for Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Its flat, flat, flat. I'm going to take some pics tonight. this post need more pics.
    More pics can never hurt

To those knowledgeable: is A36 structured steel the best option, or is there any point in using something else like say pure iron as used in the Debuyer mineral pans? Or anything else for that matter?

Pics as promised

Name:  oven steel photo_2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  11.3 KBName:  oven steel photo_3.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  12.5 KB

I have other files but the uploader sucks. Does anybody else have problems uploading files? Sometime it works sometime it doesn't. I had a pic of the steel in the oven but it wont upload.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Engorged Member
    Just priced a carbon steel 1/2", 18" diameter from my local metal supply shop-$48
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Just priced a carbon steel 1/2", 18" diameter from my local metal supply shop-$48
    is that dressed, or just raw slab? if it's dressed, i think i'll find a local metal supply shop in Cincinnati.

I spoke to Aldo at NJ Steel Baron. He has 1018 in 1/4 with 15.75" width. I will call him on Monday for the price. 1018 has better surface finish than A36 steel and he said he would finish the steel to 320 grit I think.

A36, followed by 1018 are the least expensive options. Everything up from there will be more money without much advantage.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Marko,

Thanks for getting us this info!

I thought this is kind of cool...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...conversion-kit

Could use the griddle for in the oven then take it out to the grill when needed. I'm going to measure my Kamado and order one of these kits... this will kill two birds with one stone for me.