• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 210 Gyuto (stainless or semi)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good condition, "starter" type gyuto, 210mm. I have some nicer knives, but would like something that I don't worry about other people (like my GF or other visitors) using/taking care of the same way I personally take care of my best knives.

I'd like stainless or semi-stainless. I'm not really interested in a laser or anything really thin (but it doesn't need to be thick, either). Something that would typically be a good intro to J-knives. I will probably use this myself occasionally for times when I might want to use a shorter knife.

I'm still developing my skills, but will keep this sharp on waterstones.

I'm guessing most of the options with the above conditions will be a western handle, but I'm also open to wa.

If I don't find anything on here, I'm looking at the following, (which I would consider buying new): Fujiwara FKM, Carbonext, Suisin Inox, Gesshin Uraku, Hiromoto G3, or Tojiro DP. If anyone has one of those (or something comparable), please PM me.

Many of these are typically suggested as starter knives, so if anyone has moved up to a better knife and is looking to find a good home for it, please be in touch.

Thanks for looking!

Of all the blades I've owned, I like the G3 best for your criteria, except I saw O'l Pappys CN, and that's a friggin steal - get it.

Back