First look at western handled mid-tech's

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
So its been a while, I got the bolsters a little while ago, and I ended up altering the contours a little. What looked good on paper, made for hard edges on steel. So I softened all the faces, this is the result.

Blade profile is the same as the wa handed ones, the western is quite comfortable in various grips. I'm happy with it.

Steel. CPM 154 at HRC 61. Spine and choil rounded.

Bolsters. 416 stainless, hidden pins.

Scales. This is some of Marks stabilized "Watchamacalzit burl" (Lost the sticker, first time I have heard of this wood" Pins are stainless.

I didn't get to complicated on the handle contouring. I wanted simple and comfortable, so no coke bottle grinds.

Looks Great !! Handle looks like its a transition for those looking to either get into or out of wa style.. simple but Beautiful! Great job!!

Great looking knife Pierre!
Very clean and beautiful.
I'm pretty sure that was some of the Claro Walnut Burl.

Looks awesome! Pretty sure it was Dog Nuts Burl........

Looks very nice. How about a spine and choil shot?

looks great! how tall are they at the heel, and can we get a choil and tip shot?

whoops, should have realized Tinh would have asked for it already. :)

It's gorgeous, Pierre. Beautiful, thin grind.

This one is SPF! Thanks for the interest and PM's everybody. There will be more of these coming soon. This was the test piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back