9/17 Bold & Unusual Buckeye - Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished adding these new blocks to our web store.
The wood is California Buckeye that was stabilized by K&G.
The look of these blocks is a bit different from what you normally see with Buckeye Burl. This was a smaller burl without a lot of eyes but had a lot of curly, crushed velvet looking figure. Pretty unusual looking. Kind of like a spooky abstract painting.
Just click on the photo to go where they are located in the store. The blocks are a bit darker than they look in this group photo.

Everything in our webstore comes with a No Questions Asked, Money Back Guarantee.
Free US Shipping - $20 Flat Rate International Shipping or Free International Shipping for Orders over $100.
The store software will also apply volume discounts, 10% if your order is over $200, or 20% if your order is over $500.

Thanks Cris. I figured that shorty might be good for a couple ferrules or spacers.

Yep, spacers for sure. I've got a very black piece of buckeye burl here (needs stabilized still). I thought that a lighter gold piece like that...that still had some dark figure would offset it really nicely between some nickel silver and horn, or possibly even copper.

And thank you for putting this stuff up for us. Between you and Myron its way too easy for me to be happily broke if I let myself lol.

Back