Quantcast
Jalapeno Pie? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jalapeno Pie?

Any thoughts on how you're going to do the buttermilk pie? I'm thinking slice/split jalapenos, then simmer them in your buttermilk for a bit so that it picks up all that peppery goodness, then strain to make the pie. Put a ring of candied jalapenos on top--one slice for each piece.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Thanks, sounds like a good plan. I'll try some with the fruit pies also.

Hoss

Dark Chocolate.

w/ dried cherries and chipotle. Blood orange whip on top.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    Dark Chocolate.

w/ dried cherries and chipotle. Blood orange whip on top.
    Oh, baby!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

How about a Jalapeno popper cheesecake? Just make a savory cheesecake (which already contains the cream cheese) and add diced roasted jalapenos and diced rendered bacon of course.

is this something that would be served along with chili? i would suggest jalapeno cornbread.

They are having two competitions at the same event, chili and pie. I do a red, a green, a white, and a meat ball chili. Depending on who they pick for the judges, I usually place in the top three. Pie is a new thing this year so I want to do something unusual for the contest. I'm normally a cream pie guy, but would like to try something weird or unusual.

Hoss

I know chillies and chocolate are a classic combo dating back to the Aztecs. Maybe a chille and chocolate cake/ cheese cake with some sort of toasted nut element. A molé cheese cake.
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~

I would fire roast the peppers, devein, skin and seed them. I would pare them with something acidic, like lime. Maybe a rendition of key lime. Also using cream cheese would help coat the palate. So maybe a fire roasted jalapeno key lime cheesecake.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    I would fire roast the peppers, devein, skin and seed them. I would pare them with something acidic, like lime. Maybe a rendition of key lime. Also using cream cheese would help coat the palate. So maybe a fire roasted jalapeno key lime cheesecake.
    Sounds really good too. Like that spin. Maybe make it a touch sweeter than normal so the heat is mor of a back burner kind of thing. Like Thai food. Balance of sweet salty sour and spicy. Don't know what your means are but some sort of slightly salty whipped cream might balance it all out... Just a thought. Jalapeño key line brûlée with pink sea salt cumin whipped cream. Throw some sweet chipotle pepitas in there somewhere for a little extra crunch n kick.
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~