Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jalapeno Pie?

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    I would fire roast the peppers, devein, skin and seed them. I would pare them with something acidic, like lime. Maybe a rendition of key lime. Also using cream cheese would help coat the palate. So maybe a fire roasted jalapeno key lime cheesecake.

Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

I like the idea of the dried and candied peppers.

I'm thinking a traditional tarte au chocolat recipe with flakes of crushed candied peppers, cut with a little flaked sea salt. Make the tart quite bitter and the crushed peppers really quite sweet.

So, I tried one. It was a dark chocolate, jalapeno, bacon, and cream cheese pie. I candied the jalapeno's and bacon , then mixed that with the cream cheese and sugar. Layered that in the bottom and poured the dark chocolate custard over that.

It was pretty good but the bacon was distracting. I'm going to try a fruit pie with peppers and maybe a fruit pie with cream cheese and candied peppers in the bottom. Anton's recipe looks good too.

Hoss

Hoss, I have tested a spicy peppers pineapple filling butter shortcake which is very good!! just an ideal for you.....
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Orange goes pretty well with hot peppers, you could make a orange and jalapeno marmalade, then put it in a prebaked pie shell (preferably homemade) for a tart. Mangoes and hot peppers are very popular too, and you could put a mango and jalapeno mixture into a parbaked pie shell to make a mango and jalapeno tart.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpigg View Post
    Orange goes pretty well with hot peppers, you could make a orange and jalapeno marmalade, then put it in a prebaked pie shell (preferably homemade) for a tart. Mangoes and hot peppers are very popular too, and you could put a mango and jalapeno mixture into a parbaked pie shell to make a mango and jalapeno tart.
    Mmmmm...or as topping for a cream cheese pie...
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

I've found jalapeno's go incredibly well with mango also. Not that I have a clue how to make any of these incredible deserts like these guys...but I know good flavor when I taste it . I can see a mango jalapeno pie pretty easily.

I can give you recipes if you're interested, just pm me your email. I need to work two fifteen hour shifts the next two days, but I should have them sometimes next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Mmmmm...or as topping for a cream cheese pie...
    Oh yeah!
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

So anyone want recipes for the two pies I mentioned? I'll technically be making them as tarts, but I can include directions to make them as pies instead. I'm writing a recipe book, and I need people to test out recipes for me and give me feedback. Currently, they're formatted on my computer so it'd be easier for me to email them to you, but if there's like 2-3 people who want it in a forum post, I can take the time to write it out in a forum post too. Just promise me that you'll actually make it and tell me how you think the recipe can be improved.

Also, I tend to write my recipes to be incredibly detailed so that even someone who is a complete novice is able to achieve the same results as I do. I highly encourage individuals to make their own personal decisions in my recipes so I include information about how to pick your produce, what type of flour to use, how to preheat an oven properly, what type of pan to use, and almost every single little detail you could imagine. However, the amount of information can be overwhelming for someone who doesn't want to understand every little process and simply wants to follow a list of directions. For this reason, I will be writing an abridged version too so please let me know which one you're interested in.