soup bitches!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrCoffee

Reaction score
beef consumé with shitake, enoki, leek and szechwan peppercorns, poured tableside from a karaf.
photo-31_zps02c2d1b8.jpg

Is the alien in the bathtub cooked or still alive?

Ok, all try to get this all in one shot....

Portion size:
Tasting menu

How it works:
Blanched leeks stuffed with raw enoki composed in the bowl with shitakes cooked in butter, the consume is poured table-side, the leeks wilt further and the enokis lean into the broth cooking them gently.

The why:

It's a tasting menu, half of it is customer experience. When they pay as much as they do for some soup we try to up the wow-factor and make them feel special, more than just custies.

How much longer until the leek wilts enough to let go of the enoki?

So kinda using it as a Pho type method ? or those crazy asian community soup things that you have to dip your food in to 'cook' it ? :) Makes me think of chicken butts...

Definitely one of those dishes people are gonna love or hate (the look of anyway, seeing as no one here has tried it. I assume). I think it's kinda cool actually, although, if I'm going to be blunt, the bowl is doing nothing to help the presentation...IMO anyway. Looks very meticulously assembled though, nice one.

Cheers,
Josh

Back