Quantcast
OT - I Hate Apple!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - I Hate Apple!

OT - I Hate Apple!

I don't get why there are so many Apple lovers out there. Yeah their technology is pretty cool, one you accept the fact that they are going screw you big time. Like I can't change the iPhone battery???? Whats with that?

So my wife's iPhone died and they gave her a new one. Then the new one started just turning off in the middle of calls. The non-Genius people said her os was an old version and needed updating.

What they didn't tell me was that the update wiped the SIM card of all her contacts!!!! She had numbers on there from 10 years ago or more. And I can't figure out how to get them back. Updating and syncing and backing up with iTunes is like trying to hit a pinata blindfolded. It doesn't tell you what you are doing, where the files go or anything.

I HATE APPLE (but I Love the Beatles, I can't believe that Apple actually won the use of that name what is the world coming to!)
    Bert M.

Why?! Because footballs don't have wheels!

Bert,

You've never heard of backing up the data on your phone? What happens if you lose the phone?

By the way, Apple provides Mobile Me, which backs up and synchronizes data among iPhones, iPads and computers automatically. I never have to worry about losing data.

Just my 2 cents.

Rick

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Apple, in my experience, is a user friendly OS and company.

Gotta hate their prices though.

I ain't too fond of Micro$oft, either.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

I was actually thinking of switching to an iPhone.. my samsung sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
    I was actually thinking of switching to an iPhone.. my samsung sucks...
    The biggest issue with the iPhone is the reception with AT&T, so you may want to go with Verizon.

Where I'm at AT&T is OK, so that's the carrier I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Bert,

You've never heard of backing up the data on your phone? What happens if you lose the phone?

By the way, Apple provides Mobile Me, which backs up and synchronizes data among iPhones, iPads and computers automatically. I never have to worry about losing data.

Just my 2 cents.

Rick
    Its my wife's phone, she doesn't know how to back up her computer let alone her phone. I will check the MobileMe, but its kinda late. As I understand it, the data it still really there just that its not accessed by the OS.

I've got a Samsung Captivate phone, and I think its fine, of course I hacked the phone and put on a XDA developers ROM.

As far as user friendly, I have always have had problems navigating and understanding Apple sw. Even going back to my ole IIc. Granted Microsoft aint no ray of sunshine, but they don't treat you like an ignoramus.

We are on AT&T and have been for ages. We have so many free minutes accrued we would take a bath switching. Plus we don't have any reception issues
    Bert M.

Why?! Because footballs don't have wheels!

At $100/yr, Mobile Me is not an option most people will consider.

Apple used to offer iSync for free, it would sync contacts wirelessly. The only phone is was incompatible with was the iphone.

The problem is apples business model is to capture you within their ecosystem. Itunes is the worst part of owning an iphone especially if you have to use the PC version. I have music I want to add to my phone but it is on the wrong PC and I don't want to take an hour with itunes to add a few songs.
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by so_sleepy View Post
    At $100/yr, Mobile Me is not an option most people will consider.
    You're already spending $70+ a month for service, Mobile Me adds $8.33 per month, and is, IMHO, worth it. If I add a contact to my phone, it is automatically added to to my wife's iPhone, my iPad and both our laptops. Not to mention the schedules and bookmarks also synchronize, and I get some cloud-based storage thrown in as well.

Apple used to offer iSync for free, it would sync contacts wirelessly. The only phone is was incompatible with was the iphone.
    Yep, you use iTunes for that, now. I'd like to be able to sync without having to use a cable, though.

The problem is apples business model is to capture you within their ecosystem. Itunes is the worst part of owning an iphone especially if you have to use the PC version. I have music I want to add to my phone but it is on the wrong PC and I don't want to take an hour with itunes to add a few songs.
    If your computers aren't networked, it shouldn't take an hour to copy a few files to a thumb drive and move them between computers. If they are, then share your iTunes libraries between computers. A song transfers in less than ten seconds.

As far as "capturing you within their ecosystem", well, I'd need to know specifically what you are alluding to. If you are complaining about the so-called "walled garden" of the App Store, that's a non-starter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BertMor View Post
    Its my wife's phone, she doesn't know how to back up her computer let alone her phone. I will check the MobileMe, but its kinda late. As I understand it, the data it still really there just that its not accessed by the OS.

I've got a Samsung Captivate phone, and I think its fine, of course I hacked the phone and put on a XDA developers ROM.

As far as user friendly, I have always have had problems navigating and understanding Apple sw. Even going back to my ole IIc. Granted Microsoft aint no ray of sunshine, but they don't treat you like an ignoramus.

We are on AT&T and have been for ages. We have so many free minutes accrued we would take a bath switching. Plus we don't have any reception issues
    Bert,

Before you do anything else, read this article. If your wife has been synching her iPhone with her computer, chances are the information may still be there are recoverable.

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroub...ore-iphone.htm

Rick