Did I get the correct knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WLX17

Reaction score
I ordered a carbon Fujiwara Gyuto off of the internet. I received the knife today. It appears as though the labeling is the type that is on the Stainless models. Did I get the stainless model, or did they change their logo.
The knife I received has the red and black logo that is easily removed. I washed it under water and the red started coming off while I was drying it.

Thanks for any help..

Ben

Manufacturers do change logos occasionally. A sure way to know is to clean the blade with acetone to remove any protective lacquer that may be on there, and then cut up an onion. If you get discoloration, you've got the carbon (it is very reactive). There will be no reaction at all with the stainless.

Does it smell? I doubt Fujiwara would change the steel they've been using.

There is no odor at all. I cut an orange and nothing happened either.

I think so. Ill contact the website, see If I can exchange it. Or should I just keep the stainless? Anyone have a preference?

The FKM series is nice. I bought a 210mm for a friend's house warming gift. Mind if I ask why you wanted the carbon steel version?

It was recommended on this site for me. I have never had a carbon blade. I have a 6" stainless chefs knife and thought a 240 gyuto in carbon would be a nice contrast.

Save it for later, buy the carbon one as well, compare the two for a few months, maybe you will like one over the other, maybe you will like them for different things. Maybe you are about to dive head first into a knife collecting frenzy. Maybe.

Save it for later, buy the carbon one as well, compare the two for a few months, maybe you will like one over the other, maybe you will like them for different things. Maybe you are about to dive head first into a knife collecting frenzy. Maybe.

I told myself just one knife... that's where it all fell apart.

Back