Japanese Knives Delays at JKI

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
A quick note to our customers and anyone that stopped by the store today after 2pm...
We are a bit behind on e-mails and shipments right now and closed the store early today. The main reason for this is that Sara is about 30 weeks pregnant (~10 weeks away from the due date), and got sick earlier this week. On Wednesday, we were at the hospital, and today, we went back to the doctor again. She seems ok, but its something that the doctors want to monitor, and there have been some scary moments. We are very sorry for any delays, and will be trying to catch up as best we can shortly. As its just the two of us here, when one of us is seriously ill or not able to work, it has a big impact on our business. Likewise, in this case, I made the decision to prioritize her health over all else.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Jon

Congrats again! I am sure everyone will support your priorities!

Stefan

This customer applauds your choice of priorities. Wishing the best for you, Sara and your new addition.

Congratulations! Hope Sara is feeling better and yes, your priorities are right where they should be.

Cheers

Congratulations on your upcoming baby!

No doubt you'll take good care of Sara. I almost feel guilty after reading the note and unwrapping my order so meticulously packaged by Sara just a few days ago. I wish for health and happiness for you and your growing family.

Is the baby going to be named Gesshin ............ Broida? :D

All joking aside, congrats on the upcoming baby, hope Sara is ok!

CONGRATS to you two!

Girl name suggestions: Suji, Deba, Bevel

Boy name suggestions: Blue, Steel, Cleaver

Yikes! I'm thinking of you guys, Jon. I know you keep your personal life pretty private, so this must be getting to you. I'm glad everything seems ok, though. Take your time on the orders, and keep putting your wife and child first. I know you will, but ya know....

Deba would be rough to grow up with... Yanagiko would be kinda nice though. Congrats!

Congratulations.

My daughter also had some bumps in the road around the 30th week of her recent pregnancy which made for some scary moments, but things settled down for the home stretch and I spent yesterday afternoon bouncing my six month old, healthy, happy grandson on my knee.

Best to you both - just another couple of months and you'll glowing, proud parents!

It seems Sara is feeling a bit better today, so we're here at work again... we're still a bit behind, but trying to catch up at a pace that doesnt make her sick again. Please bear with us a bit longer. Thanks again for all of your understanding and support.

I generally keep my private life offline as much as possible, and this wasnt exactly the way we wanted to share with people about our upcoming kid, but i really appreciate the responses we got here. I posted mostly because i felt horrible about the delays and unplanned closing of the store. I'm about 150 e-mails in the hole and we're a couple days behind on shipping, so it was more of an apology and explanation.

Family first, Jon...family first. But, then it's my order :)

Back