Quantcast
What's Your Knife Confession? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Knife Confession?

I admitt, I had a tojiro itk I took the handle off and ordered some nice burls to attempt my first half a $$ attempt at a wa. After trying to make cheap handles out of pine and succeeding within reason, I still haven't touched the burls. The feer if ruining the wood and an absolutle lack of time due to my first sin, 6 months old, doesnt allow it. My reground, kurouchi remived and polished blade sits in my garage with surface rust building.. shameful

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    LOL. That's awesome, I complain about not having time to do basic knife duties and you point out something else I am neglecting.

k.
    So sorry. It was just such a great idea. My home shop is trashed. My workspace is a mess, and I'm a month behind setting up a we work station. I'm in no position to judge anybody.

I have a drawer full of various vintage carbons, and a shelf full of wood, but lately when I get home from work, I just want to eat a bowl of ice cream, watch a little TV, and go to sleep.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    So sorry. It was just such a great idea. My home shop is trashed. My workspace is a mess, and I'm a month behind setting up a we work station. I'm in no position to judge anybody.
    No harm man; I just thought it was funny.The thing is that in order to finish something with that box I have to make a call to someone else who is also way behind on doing something for me. The point of this thread is that passions take a lot of time and energy and invariably those passions get derailed at points -- and that's ok.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

I made a brief attempt at fixing the pitting in the blade of a yanagi. I screwed it up royally.
    I was going to have the maker fix the pitting but now they will have a much bigger job.
    Nothing earth shattering right? It's the 390 Mizuno Tanrenjo Blue DX honyaki.
    The horror.

Send it to Dave or Jon.....they'd probably have fun playing with it.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I love my knives so much sometimes I take a fav gyuto to bed at night. With saya of course!

... Okay, just kidding. But almost believeable!

Once I started making knives, I lost interest in collecting knives. I have 3 knives I use regularly, all made by me. However, I still enjoy getting hands on any performing knife to study it.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

My confession: I still have OOTB edges on a good number of my knives (which is a count significantly higher than Marko's slim, trim 3!). In fact, this morning I'm going to be *finally* properly opening 2 deba that I've already had in my active rotation for over a month now.

I only get to fit in sharpening time on the occasional weekend mornings now, before my wife wakes up and before I have to start working on A, B, C, or X, Y, Z.
    Len

+ Reply to Thread