Quantcast
Burrs - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burrs

Quote Originally Posted by jared08 View Post
    What does the "self healing" aspect of the material play?

Self healing material grabs the edge through a squeezing action from the sides vs just cutting open a slot. I've found the best deburring materials have great self-healing properties, the denser the material the better. Cleaner edges done faster. Of course the material being used also can't dull the edge....that's pretty important and often overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Burrs will glint in light so they're pretty easy to see. Wire edges can't easily be identified even with magnification.

Remove all burrs seen by cutting into something that's self-healing in nature like dense felt, cork, or soft wood and then reduce your wire edge through finer grit abrasion.
    I think that's my next real challenge...is making sure I don't have any sort of wire edge going on. I do my best with what I have...but I'm sure there may be residual fatigued metal left.

I haven't been brave enough to try your method yet lol...but I probably will start doing something like that here shortly.
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

+ Reply to Thread