• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 250 Massmoto KS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainsausage

Reaction score
Just picked this up a couple weeks back from a forum member. This is Salty's old KS, that was thinned and refinished by Jon. Has some decent patina, sharpened once, and only stropped on paper. I purchased this so I could see what a KS felt like. It's way too light for my tastes, but holds a surprisingly good edge for White 2. Has a decent patina. I'll post some pics later. Paid 250, asking 235 all in. International pays shipping.

Cheers,

- Josh

I would be all over this if I had not just received that 240 Watanabe.

I bought this one ;) Have been wanting a ks 240 gyuto for some time now, and im gonna give it a good home. Was gonna go for the mario thats up in the b/s/t, but it was a bit expensive for me right now. This is more than good enough for poor old me though!

Chutotoro: how much do you expect shipping and tax is going to be on this knife? - if you don't mind me askng :) Are second hand items taxed as hard as new ones when importet into Sweden?

Chutotoro: how much do you expect shipping and tax is going to be on this knife? - if you don't mind me askng :) Are second hand items taxed as hard as new ones when importet into Sweden?

It would be around 850-900SEK (around 120USD) in shipping + VAT + custom fees if declared at 270USD (235 + around 35 in shipping, and they do count the VAT with shipping included lol). Lucky for me i wont have to deal with that since a friend is taking it here for me.

I forgot to say, normally you count the price incl shipping and multiply with 1,33 and you get the "swedish price" ;D And ye, its the same on used items. Thats why we always try to get sellers on ebay in us to lower the value when they ship it out. It still gets stuck sometimes though. The last few years its been almost impossible to get stuff from JCK in Japan too without it getting stuck in customs. They know about Koki lol.

Chutotoro: :) hmm, I guess that is about the same for us in Denmark. Please drop me a pm if you decide to part with the Masamoto. I´ve never tried one but by the looks of it and from what I hear I think I´m a little in love with it :)
- Kim

If i do let it go, ill pm you first :) But dont hold your breath ;D

Given that i have seen Chutoturos KS suji i don't think you should get your hopes up.
But the KS is a lovely knife, especially if it has received a bit of love and thinning.

Back