New pieces 9/24 - Striped Indonesian Ebony - Natural Hardwood Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished adding some nice looking blocks of Striped Indonesian Ebony to our web store.
This is some old Ebony I got a while back from a guy who used to mill this wood for an importer back in the 80s and 90s.
He would get to keep the shorts and flawed slabs. I bought a bunch and did a lot of cutting to salvage the good portions.
This is pretty wood with a brown/black background with orange stripes and sapwood. Good hard wood that finishes up nicely.

Just click on the photo to go to the Brand New Pieces section of the store where these blocks are located.
The group photo makes these look lighter than they really are. The individual photos in the store show more accurate coloring.

Everything in our webstore comes with a No Questions Asked, Money Back Guarantee.
Free US Shipping - $20 Flat Rate International Shipping or Free International Shipping for Orders over $100.
The store software will also apply volume discounts, 10% if your order is over $200, or 20% if your order is over $500.

There have been a number of the knife makers asking for natural (not chemically stabilized) Ebony so they can save a few dollars.
So I have posted this batch of Natural Ebony blocks in the web store. I will pull any remaining blocks from the store next time I send in a batch of wood for stabilizing. This way those who want the natural wood get a few days to get some of the natural stuff.

Just click on the photo to go to where these blocks are located in the store.

I just finished adding a bunch of really good looking Amboyna Burl blocks to the store.
A lots of eyes and vivid red/orange coloring.

Back