Knife Fight Cooking Show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Maybe this has been posted here and I missed it, but tonight a new cooking show called 'Knife Fight' is premiering on the Esquire Channel (formerly G4). It is sort of like chopped in some way and there is no prize except a $3 knife. It is hosted by Ilan Hall, a Top Chef winner, but I must say it sort of looks cool.

Here is the preview of it.

[video]http://tv.esquire.com/videos/70001-knife-fight-extended-first-look[/video]

k.

Hm, that actually looks kind of interesting. Gonna have to find someone with cable tonight lol.

Looks interesting. I hope that the judging / characters that they get to judge are less terrible than on chopped.

Watched about half a episode. The knives and tec. they were using was cool to watch, but the crowd shots were just meh... Hope it gets better with time.

Also Nbc put Esquire on the Style channel, G4 is still there. It was a last min. thing I read on a site about this show. Also on early Sat. morn. 1 am here.

I thought the same thing -- they didn't show enough cooking and too much intro and crowd shots. It would be nice to see the balance shift to the food.

As for the judges, there are three. It seems like they have one entertainment type, one food-related judge, and Ilan.

Also, because it is in LA the chefs are very LA-centric so far. I guess it makes sense as they say that they have been doing this after-hours informal food battle for a few years now at his LA restaurant.

k.

yeah... i'm stoked for it... its a bunch of my friends, and i heard the filming was really fun... sadly, i could never make it to one, as its a bit far to drive after work

anyone know what that chef's knife is on the TV promo commercial?

(at the end. sitting on the cutting board)

watched two episodes. looks to be a real fun show.

Back