Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS Heiji SS 240 gyuto

FS Heiji SS 240 gyuto

My preface to this is that I love this knife as a cutter. I'll miss the way it feels and will probably buy another one day. But it is stressing me the **** out. I broke my left wrist last year and without a solid shinogi line I cannot hold the angle well enough to get a good straight finish on the left side. This was already stressing me out and then a coworker tipped it with a fish box. I pulled it out this morning to fix it and the ferrule was chipped. This string of bad luck combined with my busted hand, and not having the time to dedicate to sharpening this like it deserves makes it time to let go. This has not been a drawer queen, it has been used sixty hours a week in a busy restaurant. The handle has been scrubbed with steel wool. Fish scales are a *****. It is not at its peak sexiness. I'm looking for $325 or interesting trades. Photos to follow.

How many sayas would it take?
    09/06
    Check out the happenings around McLean Customs, at: http://instagram.com/sharpandshinyshop
    Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com
    Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

yes photos! did this come directly from heiji or is it a gesshin heiji?

Yes please on photos. Current photos would be best.

What they said^ !!!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

This came from another member here, but I believe it came from jki originally. I apologize as I have no computer, and no camera, lets see how this picture thing works.

Attachment 19223Attachment 19224Attachment 19225Attachment 19225Attachment 19226

I can't see them, can you? Feel free to ask questions, I don't want any confusion about the condition of this lady.

No pics. What are you looking for in trade?
    09/06
    Check out the happenings around McLean Customs, at: http://instagram.com/sharpandshinyshop
    Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com
    Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Another 240-70 gyuto, that won't be quite as time consuming. This is definitely a knife for someone who can spend some time on it. Any interested parties please PM your emails. Sorry I am not up on the technology. My girlfriend mowed our lawn with a sling blade yesterday. True story.