Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soda Stream...what do you do?

Wow. I was considering getting one when I first saw this thread but now it seems like a bit of a pita.

I have an older version and it isn't a pita at all. Screw on the bottle, pull the lever back until it burps at you three times, release pressure and unscrew. Never a puddle, blow out or anything. Exchanging the CO2 canisters is now easier than it used to be as so many stores do it: Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond and several others. Just check their site; I am sure one is nearby unless you live in the sticks.

As for flavoring, I never liked their flavoring. I just pour a little water off and add my own fruit juice. I usually put a splash of cranberry in there (and maybe a bit of limoncello).

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Dave, LOL. This morning, my seven YO Madeleine loaded the bottle into the device and charged it too. Just saying LOL

I've seen all the videos and you right, they can blow off the holder if not inserted properly. The one I have you son't screw the bottle in. its pretty black and white. So far I'm digging it. Made maybe 10 bottles, are using distilled water but might switch to spring water.

I'm sensitive to the taste of artificial sweetners so of the three falvored syrups tasted aweful, almost spittingly so, madeleine liked Then though, her older sister, not so much.

I'm going to try to experiment with the Booze this weekend.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

I've heard the biggest pain on these are the refills. I've researched this a bit as I drink a ton of seltzer water and the one thing that I saw that makes this more sensible are the conversion kits to use paintball CO2 canisters. They cost a heck of a lot cheaper than the refills Soda Stream try’s to sell you (or exchanges), and you get more bang for buck. There is also a lot of misinformation out there that around using Soda Streams CO2 and paintball/welding CO2. The fact is that they are EXACTLY the same except Soda Stream is going to cost you much more.

If you are really against going with a conversion, then my suggestion is to get the Bed Bath and Beyond coupons and use them for exchanges. At least you will save yourself a few bucks.

Split, He ya. I'm going to get the conversion adapter that will fit on regular paint ball canisters. My unit wil accomidaate the larget bottle so i'll be switching soon. I've made about 15 bottles so far. I think I'm also going to get the small water bottle. It looses gas too quickly when you let it sit around and I haven't been able to finish a whole bottle in one sitting. One drink that I made was to ass orange metamucil to the fizzing water. Much better than non-carbonated. HA

I hope that's just you spell check D

LOL, hey don't knock it until you've tried it.