Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any fisherman in the house?

Any fisherman in the house?

I'm an avid fisherman... Been fishing with my pops since I was three years old and always get stoked each year when I cast comes around. I'm an avid gear junkie in fishing as well. Just bought a daiwa tatula rod and reel. First daiwa that I've bought since the advantage hsta. Really stoked to see how it hold up in light inshore applications for trout snook and reds. Anyone else have a fishing gear/ fishing fetish?
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I wish Kev!
    I used to fish at some local ponds and lakes with my pops when I was a kid. I've only been deep sea fishing once, and got so sick-and didn't catch anything!
    You're lucky to live by the water. Please share some pics and stories of past and upcoming feeshin' trips.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Yes there was a time when I lived in MA that I couldn't go two minutes without thinking about fishing but since I've been in the NJ & PA area it's been a sad state of affairs. I miss the surf and times with my Dad bass fishing the cranberry bogs.

Oh yeah and I could go nuts with the gear too.

Saltwater flats. If I'm in 4 foot of water I'm too deep. Don't do it as much as I would like to, when I do its with Shimano spinning reels and lite/ultra lite rods. Will go offshore if invited. Freshwater only if I'm being polite.

A good friend guides quail hunts on either side of 95 at the Palm City exit. Maybe try a rdvx.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

I love fishing. Over the past 3-4 years I have been kayak fishing and having a blast. The shallows is a great place to sight fish and going out BTB (Beyond The Breakers) is a real adventure. We have gone in groups taking our kayaks 3-5 miles out fishing for kingfish etc out near the oilrigs.

Attachment 18845
    It only hurts til the pain goes away........

Being from Plymouth, MA myself, this that explains a lot of things

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I miss the surf and times with my Dad bass fishing the cranberry bogs.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

I hate fishing...

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Being from Plymouth, MA myself, this that explains a lot of things

Before having kids, I fished like crazy. Fly fishing in rivers for salmon and trout was my obsession. I miss it but hope to get back to it in the future.

Awesome to see some of us share a love for the water =). I haven't been out in a while because our water situation with the discharge from lake O' is pretty dire. There are signs up warning you to stay out of the water because of the amounts of dangerous bacteria and toxic algae in the water. It's sad really so much of the economy on the coast here is based on the fishing and water. Here's a pic that a couple friends of mine took by our river. Funny, but the truth in it is heartbreaking.

anyway. on to a few better pics from nicer times, which in all reality was only a year or two ago.

and lastly a couple of the man that shared his love for the water with me, and got me going down this path =).

Sorry about all the pictures too by the way...
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~