I'm looking to thin my jnat collection a little bit. The ones I'm listing below are redudant with other stones in my collection, either in performance or appearance. All are very lightly used -- less than 1mm lower than when I got them. I have attached a group picture with additional descriptions below. Please pm me if you have any questions or want additional pictures.
1) Red Ohira (top row, #6). Bought from JNS. It's a good value stone. Kind of middle of the road in fineness and hardness. Not too fine, and not too hard. Good stone, I just have others that make this redundant. $320 shipped
2) Hideriyama (top row, #7). Bought from JNS. This is a fairly soft and muddy stone. Good for leaving a smooth even kasumi finish. $260 shipped
3) Yaginoshima Asagi (bottom row, #1) This stone would probably be a lv3.5 on the JNS scale. It's slightly harder than #1 above but seems to be a bit faster cutting. Not quite as fine as an atago, ozuku, or nakayama can be. The feel is smooth. No lines or inclusions on this stone. If using with double bevel knives, a nagura would help. $180 shipped.
4) Yaginoshima Suita (bottom row, #2) Bought from JNS. Very beautiful stone. The feel is smooth and it cuts fast. Double bevels would benefit from the use of a nagura. Price is $300 shipped.
5) Ohira Suita (Bottom row, #4) Bought from JNS . This is a really cool stone that I don't *really* want to sell, but I got a very similar full-sized stone. The feel is very smooth and it cuts very fast. The slurry from this stone is white -- not sure if that makes this a shiro suita. Stones this color are very rare. Price is $380 shipped.
Thanks for looking!