• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Carter, Tanaka, Tojiros

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FS - Carter Funayuki 186mm $250

Tanaka Blue Deba 180mm $100

Tojiro Shirogami Yanagiba rehandled $120

Tojiro DP Gokujo Boner 150mm $80

Shipped CONUS

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Carter Sold

Not sure how much shipping to Canada costs. Don't have time to figure it out today and am not sure it is worth it on these budget knives but my attitude about that will change drastically if these are still around Mon morning. :clown:

Carter Sold

Not sure how much shipping to Canada costs. Don't have time to figure it out today and am not sure it is worth it on these budget knives but my attitude about that will change drastically if these are still around Mon morning. :clown:

A rough estimate is about twice what CONUS shipping costs.

Thanks Rick. I wasn't prepared for nearly 100% of the interest to be Canadian.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

If you can do without tracking, International First Class is the least expensive option. Package weight up to four pounds, no size limits.

As you might be able to tell, I've sent more than one package across the border..

This knife seems to be ground well. I've spent about an hour on the king 800 evening out the blade road and finish. The only thing remaining is a slight over grind near the heal. It doesn't extend down to the polished bevel and would take years to reach it. Takes a good edge and cuts well. I don't know the wood on the handle. It is robust and constructed in the carter style.

This is the only Yanagi I have used so I can't compare it to anything. The point is this is a very inexpensive way to try one and practice sharpening so when you get a nice one you won't hate yourself for ruining it. Then put it back on BST for the next guy.

Tojiro 300mm Yanagi - $100

Paypal and shipping conus included. Packaged and ready to ship today!

Come on guys!

image.jpg

All knives sold - thanks KKF

All will ship today.

To buyers,

Last night I had some beers while packaging. Got crafty and made a strop. I believe that strop to be in one of these packages but can't remember which one. So one of you is getting a balsa strop loaded with .5 micron chromium oxide. It is magnetic backed and sized for a standard DMT plate. Enjoy!

:clown:

Carter well received and with a surprise strop.... thank you!

What I really want to know though is where do I get some of that duct tape used to package this; the blue one with the flying pink pigs...

All knives sold - thanks KKF

All will ship today.

To buyers,

Last night I had some beers while packaging. Got crafty and made a strop. I believe that strop to be in one of these packages but can't remember which one. So one of you is getting a balsa strop loaded with .5 micron chromium oxide. It is magnetic backed and sized for a standard DMT plate. Enjoy!

:clown:

Looks like a "knife diaper" or "knife nappy" (across the pond).:D

Back