Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search function at KKF?

Search function at KKF?

Have any of you used the search function here yet and if you have what do you think of it?

Is the search limited to 4 characters or more? I tried searching for a few 3 character abbreviations common to kitchen knife parlance but didn't get any results. "CCK" for example. I'd rather have too many results to sift through than not be allowed to search.
    - Sean

You can always use a wildcard,*

"CCK*"

That should get you some results.

Thanks for the suggestion Jim. I tried it but got this "vBulletin Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Did you get any results? I know there were at least a couple of posts were "CCK" was used.
    - Sean

I just re-set the search to 3 characters allowed. Apparently the lower the number you allow the greater the size of the database as common words will be indexed. vBulletin recommends 4 as the lowest setting but we'll try 3 and see what happens.

PS - this might take some time until it works correctly....not an instant switch on this one.

Thanks Dave.

Jim, how did you enter the search? I typed in CCK* in the search box in the upper right. Is there some checkbox I also need to select within the advanced search parameters?
    - Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    Thanks Dave.

Jim, how did you enter the search? I typed in CCK* in the search box in the upper right. Is there some checkbox I also need to select within the advanced search parameters?
    Not that know of. My permissions are different so we will look into that.