Quantcast
Sharpening and Music- what are you listening to?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharpening and Music- what are you listening to?

Sharpening and Music- what are you listening to?

I was doing a bunch of sharpening this evening, and as usual, i was rocking out to some great tunes. I am a firm believer that good music helps with good sharpening. Anyways, i thought i'd start a thread on the subject...

What are you listening to today in your sharpening? Maybe a whole album or maybe just one track, but i want to know whats on your mind.

Sometimes i go for really cheesy music, sometimes its total crap thats really addictive, sometimes its just something fun, sometimes its something serious... well, you get the gist.

Here was my favorite track tonight (i was in a fun mood):

Murs is the best.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Oddly enough, both of these songs just crossed my playlist lol:

Followed by...

Lol
    [B][I]I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..[/I][/B]

Wow your playlist is all over the place...that's great...lol...you don't stick to on genre of music I see

I was just thinking about this the other day. I love listening to music while doing just about everything with the exception of sharpening knives. I find that the sound the knife makes on the stone provides me with valuable feed back as to what is happening while sharpening my knives. Maybe I just need to turn the volume down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattorichop View Post
    I was just thinking about this the other day. I love listening to music while doing just about everything with the exception of sharpening knives. I find that the sound the knife makes on the stone provides me with valuable feed back as to what is happening while sharpening my knives. Maybe I just need to turn the volume down.
    Good point...I like hearing what the stones are doing...

Now at work I have no choice...all "Mexican" music always...nothing wrong with that I just don't understand what they are saying lol

hey... mariachi music can be great... i was rocking out to some yesterday in my car :P

More often than not, if I'm in my home kitchen when I'm sharpening, I'm listening to NPR. If I'm at work, I'll just be sharpening quietly in the corner while listening to whatever's playing in the background. Moving into autumn and the holiday season, so we're due for a changeup on the music. Currently, it's a decent mix of jazz, classic singers, soul, R&B, and some adult alternative, but I've heard the same loop every single day for months now. I'm a bit tired of the same songs every day.

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    Wow your playlist is all over the place...that's great...lol...you don't stick to on genre of music I see
    You could say that, lol. About the only thing you won't find is hardcore rap, beyond things like newer eminem anyway.
    [B][I]I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..[/I][/B]

i like chill tunes when i work on the stones.