Boards Availabe

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I was invited to join a gallery not long ago to display my boards and for the opening I made two very different boards. However, after just four weeks of operation and only one small sale for the gallery, the owners called it quits this past week.

These are maple with walnut trim, the one pictured is 2 x 12 x 18 and the other one is 2 x 10 x 14. If anyone is interested just send an email to boardsmith at triad.rr.com.

DSC_0126.jpg

Hi Dave,

That is a very unique design, I like it!!!!!:ggodjob: :thumbsup:

Man I wish I needed another board! I love it David.

Both have been spoken for. Thanks to all!

Ill keep a look out. I received a board from my wife's sister's boyfriend,. It turned out really nice but 2 months later it started to warp ( sad). Marekz

That is my favorite board i have seen so far! Amazing...any more like it in the works?

...any more like it in the works?

Actually, the only interest I have had is after I posted a photo here. At the gallery no interest was shown. At this time I have no plans to make more but if an order is made, I will be glad to do so.

Just a quick question about cutting boarss in general. What bonding material or glue is used to hold boards together. What is the safest finish. How do u know that they are non toxic.

Note to self: Check Daves gallery. Where Is it? Your website? Here? tell me.

Just a quick question about cutting boarss in general. What bonding material or glue is used to hold boards together. What is the safest finish. How do u know that they are non toxic.

I use TiteBond III which is a waterproof, food safe glue. So far the results have been splendid.

The safest finish is most anything that has been accepted by the FDA as food safe. That can include some polyurethane based finishes or organic oils. The polyurethane based finishes usually are surface coats and may wear off with use and organic oils can go rancid. I use mineral oil and bees wax.

Scott,

That board was a one of, actually two of and may or may not be repeated.

Thanks. Makes me feel safe. Plan to get another board soon.

DSC_0135.jpgFor those who might be interested, here is another board.

It is a 2 x 18 x 24 maple board with a light mahogany edges. If interested, just send me a PM or call the cell or shop numbers.

Back