Bread Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahamaroot

Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Hey guys, I think I'm going to get my mother a nice bread knife for Christmas this year. She cuts a lot of breads and fresh rolls. I'm not a bread knife user and know little or nothing about them. What is your favorite or a quality bang for the buck bread knife? $100+/-

Mac sbk-105 or Tojiro ITK 270mm. I think most people here go with the Tojiro.

The MAC has a really nice handle.

Others in order of $$$

Misono Moly
Tojiro ITK
Suisin Inox - sub $50!
JKI Bread Knife

I gave my MAC away. I like to cut bread with a gyuto :O

[video=youtube;dvNs4zB6zXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvNs4zB6zXg[/video]

I've had four breadknives. Henckels, Forschner and two Tojiros. I still have one Tojiro ITK. It's works great but I haven't used it in probably a year or so. The others have been given away. Of the others I've used, MAC is also nice.

I sent a Tojiro back because of lack of fit and finish on the handle. I'm sure it is a good cutter but I would recommend the MAC if it's a gift.

I like to cut bread with a gyuto :O

I did too . . . until a loaf of sprouted seed sourdough with a hard crust gave my gyuto multiple chips to make it look a bit like a serrated bread knife. I have a Mac now and it cuts and looks great.

I went with the Mac because of its reputation for excellent fit and finish and have no regrets. I was tempted by the Misono, but decided I prefer the curve of the Mac and Tojiro.

Back