Quantcast
Hand American Upgrade Sale

Thread: Hand American Upgrade Sale

Hand American Upgrade Sale

I promised a friend a felt pad upgrade for his Hand American bench honing system so while I had all the gear out I made up all of the felt I had left over from when I used to sell these pads. I have a total of 14 available for sale.

As mentioned above, these pads are direct upgrade/replacement pads for the Hand American bench hone system. They are magnetic backed made to fit as exact replacements - 11" x 3" in size - to be used with a bench hone of the same size that has either a steel top or a white magnetic receptive material top in place.

The felt used is these pads is very dense... ultra-rock hard. It is that densest felt that I have come across. These are not mushy US made industrial felts, they are made in India for us, compressed to thickness by pressure and heat.

Unlike the mushy felt pads that tend to roll over sharp edges, the extreme density of this felt pad is very forgiving to improper stropping technique ensuring you success. It's nearly impossible to roll an edge while using this felt.

Stropping compounds can be used but you should spray wet compounds in light multi-coat layers allowing for sufficient dry time between applications. Do not soak felt pads as they may bubble up or gain hard lumpy spots.

This is a one time sale.

Cost - $15 (each)
    *Will ship USPS Priority Mail

If you're interested in purchasing please PM me your Paypal email address, your zip code, and how many pads you're interested in.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010003.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	582.3 KB 
ID:	18911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010001.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	454.7 KB 
ID:	18910  

Well other than some 2nd quality pads these are all spoken for. Thanks everyone!

i recieved my strop today. it was the best $15 i ever spent. my only regret is that i didnt buy 2. works really nice, thanks dave.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    i recieved my strop today. it was the best $15 i ever spent. my only regret is that i didnt buy 2. works really nice, thanks dave.

Nice...thanks!

I miss this sale Dave,please let me know if you able order one for me in the near future!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

didn't really know what to expect as my current felt strop works fine, but this is even better. grabs and bites the edge a lot more aggressively. you should offer more of these, i'm sure many people would benefit from this product. maybe even a custom size, say to fit over back of a DMT plate.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    didn't really know what to expect as my current felt strop works fine, but this is even better. grabs and bites the edge a lot more aggressively. you should offer more of these, i'm sure many people would benefit from this product. maybe even a custom size, say to fit over back of a DMT plate.

I'll give it some thought. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    ... maybe even a custom size, say to fit over back of a DMT plate.
    +1
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

How did I completely miss this? Damnit!