Quantcast
Help me choose better beater knives - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help me choose better beater knives

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    That looks cool the Grandshe wonder how she performs/holds an edge?

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    That looks cool the Grandshe wonder how she performs/holds an edge?
    Mast what did you end up getting the Togiharu stainless molybednum

yeah the one easy mentioned for $86. I have a feeling I'm going to sell it and get the Messermeister 8" chefs. The Togiharu may be a beater J knife, but I need this thing to handle cutting through ears of corn, rough chopping carrots, ice-cream cakes, rock-chopping herbs, getting tossed in the sink and having plates dropped on top of it and what not. It was an impulsive buy that I didn't really research or think too much about. I saw the recommendation and for some reason just clicked BUY. I already have a nice gyuto.

Quote Originally Posted by mast3quila View Post
    yeah the one easy mentioned for $86. I have a feeling I'm going to sell it and get the Messermeister 8" chefs. The Togiharu may be a beater J knife, but I need this thing to handle cutting through ears of corn, rough chopping carrots, ice-cream cakes, rock-chopping herbs, getting tossed in the sink and having plates dropped on top of it and what not. It was an impulsive buy that I didn't really research or think too much about. I saw the recommendation and for some reason just clicked BUY. I already have a nice gyuto.
    Oh...I would like to have some non GERMAN beaters at home was looking forward to your review

I am so freakin OCD sometimes. I just ordered the 9" Messer... I'm going to keep the Togi for my traveling case. I'll take some pictures of it later.

You could do a lot worse than that Messermeister. A 9" is on my list, but not today's list. FWIW the bread knife in the series is (IMHO) way better than the Henckels, Wustie options and I prefer it to the Torijo (sp?).
    Dave
    Older and wider.