Quantcast
Picture Perfect?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Picture Perfect?

  1. #1

    Red face Picture Perfect?

    I recently changed the perspective of my photographs to standing vertical from lying at an angle. I think both ways work, but that this new way is a little better and I want to see what you think. I's a lot easier for me this way because it took time to get the angle the same every the time. It's a lot easier was a straight vertical and I have a much shorter depth of field so I get a better focus too. All comments welcome and appreciated.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

  2. #2
    I think it looks good, I'd stick with it especially if its quicker.
    And those Aussie Burls look awesome!!!
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    I think it looks good, I'd stick with it especially if its quicker.
    And those Aussie Burls look awesome!!!
    Thanks, on both counts.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

  4. #4
    Das HandleMeister apicius9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,330
    I know how difficult it is to get a good picture that really represents the wood - without over-saturating and contrasting. Both set-ups have advantages, so it's hard to decide. Just wondering: Are you using a tripod? That should make a consistent setup fairly easy?

    Stefan

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I know how difficult it is to get a good picture that really represents the wood - without over-saturating and contrasting. Both set-ups have advantages, so it's hard to decide. Just wondering: Are you using a tripod? That should make a consistent setup fairly easy?

    Stefan
    I use a monopod so the height and orientation of the camera is fixed relative to the block. It can pivot off of the leg location, but that's what I control. A tripod would be better, but that's what I have. I don't edit the saturation or contrast and I don't use any artificial lighting. I try to get my pictures to be as accurate as possible.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

  6. #6
    I prefer the new perspective. The older, diagonal one sometimes had a more limited DOF, so the end closest to the camera was sometimes a little blurry. (I had been thinking of writing to you to suggest this, actually, but now you've already done it.)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnmd View Post
    I prefer the new perspective. The older, diagonal one sometimes had a more limited DOF, so the end closest to the camera was sometimes a little blurry. (I had been thinking of writing to you to suggest this, actually, but now you've already done it.)
    Thanks Todd, great minds....
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

  8. #8
    I would put some lacquer on your blocks to highlight the grain, a thin clear coat applied by a spray can.


    "If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  9. #9
    Weird Wood Pusher Burl Source's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kerby, OR
    Posts
    3,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I would put some lacquer on your blocks to highlight the grain, a thin clear coat applied by a spray can.
    Deft is a good brand. A light coat dries in minutes.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

  10. #10
    Thanks guys. I'll go get some and try it out. Much appreciated feedback.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •