Quantcast
What makes a good boning/fillet knife? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a good boning/fillet knife?

I'd have to agree with that from my experience.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Another thing I would watch out for in a flexible knife is the flex that enters the handle. I had a coworker that was using a konosuke 210mm petty like you would a filet knife, and the tang was flexing all the way into the handle and caused it to crack. I know I am coming late to this conversation, but I hope that helped.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

Yah, and it was a dope Mike Henry mammoth tooth!

Now I use a vintage 9" carbon Ontario filet that I rehandled, and I save the Kono petty for other tasks.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

They are two different things to me. The knife I feel comfortable using as both is a 210 gyuto.

A Western boning knife has a guard so you don't accidentally slide your hand on the edge while deboning. Just my to cents. Good luck with creating. Curious what it will become ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk